5. Listen more talk less.
God gave you two ears and one mouth. Why not use them in that proportion.
Ask lots of questions and actively listen to the response. Active listening goes like this:
1. Look at the person, and suspend other things you are doing.
2. Listen not merely to the words, but the feeling content.
3. Be sincerely interested in what the other person is talking about.
4. Restate what the person said.
5. Ask clarification questions once in a while.
6. Be aware of your own feelings and strong opinions.
7. If you have to state your views, say them only after you have listened.
These steps, quoted from The Self Transformation Series, Issue no. 13, are simple; however, becoming skilled in active listening requires considerable practice.
So practice, practice, practice and become a "Magician in listening".
ROE=Return On Energy